As the home council at St. Mary’s Church, the birthplace of our Order and final resting place of Venerable Michael J. McGivney, Council 10705 is pleased to be able to offer visitors to the New Haven area the opportunity to visit this historic site.
Our suggested itinerary for visitors and tour groups begins with a tour of world-class Knights of Columbus Museum to learn more about the history of the Order and Fr. McGivney’s life, and view the permanent gallery of artwork and historic artifacts (learn more about the museum here.
Following a visit to the museum, visitors make their way to St. Mary’s Church (a short walk or drive away) for a tour led by an expert member of Council 10705. Arrangements can be made for visitors to attend mass prior to or just after the tour.
To top off the experience, Council 10705 also offers the option of hosting a lunch or dinner in the basement of St. Mary’s, featuring your choice of several delicious meals, all prepared on site by council members (see menu below). All proceeds from the meal support Council 10705’s charitable activities in New Haven.
To reserve your group’s visit to the Knights of Columbus Museum and St. Mary’s Church, contact Kathy Cogan at (203) 752-4630 or email@example.com with your desired date(s) and approximate group size. Kathy will check availability and make the necessary arrangements.
If you would like catering for lunch or dinner in conjunction with your visit, first schedule your visit with Kathy (see above) to secure a confirmed date and time. Then, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to check the Council’s catering availability. Please note the following:
- The Council is not always available to provide lunch or dinner; we need to confirm availability of the parish hall and volunteers.
- A minimum of 20 people is required to provide meal service (no exceptions).
- A non-refundable deposit of $50.00 is required to reserve your meal. This deposit must be received at least 30 days prior to your visit (again, no exceptions). Checks should be made payable to Fr. Michael J. McGivney Council 10705.
- The total price will be determined based on your final head count, which must be provided 7 days prior to your visit. Your $50.00 deposit will be applied as a credit at this time. Checks should be made payable to Fr. Michael J. McGivney Council 10705 and presented at the event.
To suit a variety of palettes, Council 10705 offers several Italian-inspired meal options:
- Menu 1 – Baked Macaroni & Meatballs ($15 per person)
Baked macaroni with meatballs, Italian bread, tossed green salad, assorted soft drinks, coffee and tea, dessert
- Menu 2 – Baked Chicken ($20 per person)
Marinated boneless breast of chicken, roasted red potatoes, Italian bread, tossed green salad, hot vegetable, assorted soft drinks, coffee and tea, dessert
- Menu 3 – Chicken Parmesan ($20 per person)
Breaded boneless breast of chicken with mozzarella cheese and marinara sauce, ziti marinara, Italian bread, tossed green salad, hot vegetable, assorted soft drinks, coffee and tea, dessert
- Menu 4 – Roasted Pork Tenderloin ($25 per person)
Roasted pork tenderloin, roasted red potatoes, Italian bread, tossed green salad, hot vegetable, assorted soft drinks, coffee and tea, dessert